Professor of Screen Studies (F474)|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Professor of Screen Studies
Position Tracking Number: F474
School/College: School of Visual and Performing Arts/College of Music and the Arts
Department: Cinematic Arts
Location: Azusa Campus
The Azusa Pacific University Department of Cinematic Arts invites applications for the position of Professor of Screen Studies. The department, which consists of six full-time faculty members, offers a B.A. in Cinematic Arts, BFA in Cinematic Arts Production, BFA in Screenwriting, and an M.A. in Screenwriting. The Department is in the process of launching a B.A. in Animation and Visual Effects and a B.A. in Digital Gaming and Interactive Media.
The Department of Cinematic Arts is housed within the School of Visual and Performing Arts in the College of Music and the Arts. The College of Music and the Arts is focused on exceptional artistic development and the incorporation of authentic Christian faith. These dual aspirations extend and enrich our influence on culture.
Expertise in one or more of the following: film and/or television history, media aesthetics and criticism, popular culture, world cinema.
* May be needed to work at alternative teaching sites.
* Teach both lower/upper division courses in lecture format.
* Participate in advising and mentoring undergraduate students.
* Participate in Department Meetings, Curricular Development and Campus Committees as needed.
Level: Assistant/Associate Professor
* MA or PhD in Critical Studies, Film and/or Television Studies, or Media Studies preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of cinema history and film studies.
* A commitment to teaching excellence in an undergraduate setting.
Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level.
Noted expertise in film studies including publications and/or conference presentations. Knowledge of—and ability to teach—film/television production a plus.
Full-time faculty (teach 24 units per academic year, plus advising and committee work).
Hire Date: Open until filled.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
* Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description