Stamps Theological Librarian (F067)|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelorís, masterís and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Stamps Theological Librarian
Position Tracking Number: F067
School/College: University Libraries
Department: Stamps Theological Library
Location: Azusa Campus
Position serves as a member of the University Libraries reference and instruction librarian within the Stamps Theological Library. The librarian in this position provides research and instruction services, scholarly communications outreach, and collection development to assigned departments/school as a liaison and will meet regularly with teaching and research faculty to determine how to best serve departmental/school needs.
Position will include theological reference (in-person and online), instruction (classroom, workshops, online, embedded, and one-on-one), and a variety of projects related to developing and strengthening collections. Will serve as a liaison to one or more disciplines. Initial faculty rank to be determined based on qualifications and/or experience.
* Experience working as a theological reference librarian in an academic library.
* Experience in face-to-face and online instruction.
* Experience in collection development.
* Strong instruction and digital resource production experience required.
* Demonstrated ability to adopt emerging practices and utilize technologies relevant to reference and instruction in both digital and conventional contexts.
* Subject-appropriate language skills (such as Hebrew or Koine Greek; Spanish language is a plus).
* Experience in developing learning objects, instructional videos and tools, and online tutorials in an academic environment.
* Familiarity with learning management systems and the ability to integrate instructional technologies in courses with a library component.
* Experience with emerging technologies applicable to online pedagogical practices.
* Demonstrated experience with curriculum design theories, methodologies, and best practices, including modeling and active learning.
* May be needed to work at alternative teaching sites.
* Serve as a liaison to one or more departments/schools.
* Provide reference/research assistance to patrons of the Stamps Theological Library
* and to regional center/site students. This will involve some evening and weekend
* scheduling as well as campus visits to regional centers/sites.
* Collaborates with faculty and university departments to develop approaches to information literacy that address student retention and student success.
* Collaborate with classroom and online faculty to provide library instruction to students in face-to-face and online or embedded environments. Develop, promote, and assess information literacy (IL) curriculum. Teach general education class sessions in addition to liaison responsibilities as necessary.
* Create and update online tutorials and guides for specific classes, assignments and subject areas.
* Remains abreast of existing and emerging technologies, processes, products, services and leading industry performance benchmarks.
* Participates in both formal and informal professional development opportunities such as conference attendance and presentations and professional research and writing.
* Serve on University councils and departmental committees, as needed.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage details and follow through.
* Must be collaborative and an effective team member.
* Other duties assigned by Chair and/or Dean.
Level: Rank open
* An accredited Master of Library Science (MLS or MLIS) and a Masterís Degree in a Theological Discipline (MAT, M.Div, etc.).
Experience: 2 plus years in a theological library setting
Workload: Full-time, 12-month
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
* Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
* Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
* Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Salary: US$91702 - US$92702 per year
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description