This person will:
● Report regularly to the Executive Director and the local Board
● Attend all scheduled local DOOR Board meetings
● Submit an annual report to Local and National Board
● Participate in an annual evaluation conducted by the Executive Director in cooperation with the local Board
● Submit weekly reports to the DOOR-Network email list
● Be active in a local congregation.
To the network, including all cities, attending all staff meetings and working together on common network wide projects and goals. This will include some social networking time with co-workers.
● Spearhead DOOR Atlanta’s continued growth and development in accordance with DOOR’s mission and vision.
● Manage all aspects of DOOR Atlanta’s financial operations at the local level including: Budgeting, Fundraising, Grant Writing, Expense reports
● Create meaningful interaction between Discover, Discern, and Dwell participants.
● Create and maintain positive working partnerships with local host churches, sponsors, and local volunteer placement organizations
● Market all DOOR Atlanta programs to potential participants in conjunction with National staff and Young Adult Volunteers (YAV) program.
● Develop, own, and operate life-changing week-long/weekend programs that challenge participants to discover the face of God in the city through volunteerism, worship, and reflection. This includes:
o Logistical planning (housing, meals, etc.)
o Leading/Scheduling leaders for nightly reflections & worship.
o Utilizing DOOR national resources
o Partnering with Discover group participants before, during, and after their immersion experience.
● Market the Discover program locally and nationally to recruit more group participation.
● Coordinate with host churches
● Develop and operate a summer-long program for selected young adults which centers on vocational discernment and empowerment.
● Recruit, hire, train, and supervise a dynamic summer staff crew.
● Handle logistical planning (transportation, housing, etc.)
● Work with Dwellers communally and individually to empower, encourage, and guide them toward their individual and communal vocational goals.
● Coordinate the recruitment of Young Adult Volunteers (YAV) and local residents.
● Coordinate maintenance of property with Board Property Committee.
● Provide support and conflict management for interpersonal issues among residents.
● Provide guidance and resources for spiritual development through curriculum development for weekly studies.
Click this link to view and apply for this job!
Posted By: Elly Moss
Wednesday, May 23rd 2012 at 9:48AM